DeCurtis Shield™ Return on Investment Calculator
As businesses determine how to address mitigating the spread of illness in the workplace, here are some critical points to keep in mind:
- Employee safety is paramount; a less stressful environment will lead to a more productive staff
- Choose a strategy that can scale in order to prevent the need to invest more time and money in the future
- Partner with a company that has an established reputation working with health, safety and security
DeCurtis Shield™ addresses these points and more. We use the highest quality thermographic cameras that operate on frequencies allowing easy use across the globe and layer in artificial intelligence and cutting–edge facial identification to ensure accurate readings. We also allow for future integration with facial recognition while creating a software framework that allows for integration with a holistic edge mitigation strategy.
The concern of the cost of Shield Kiosks versus an employee as a manual edge mitigation strategy is often raised by those who believe that hiring an employee to perform screenings is the less expensive option. This is simply not the case.
Here is a simple tool to assess the return on investment (ROI) of our Shield Kiosk versus a labor-centric approach using other hardware like temporal scanners. Enter the number of Shield Kiosks you plan to deploy on the left and the number of staff that you would leverage to accomplish similar end results (with caveats that we will point out below) to see how fast you will recoup this investment.
As you can see, the payback period is astonishingly short and that is using the most conservative and simplistic model we could fashion. While it may seem logical to use inexpensive, handheld temperature devices, that method creates a few critical challenges:
- Reduces the speed of your entry/exit process
- Introduces potential for human error
- Typically leads to no recording of data (nor ability to record)
- Eliminates ability to integrate your edge mitigation approach to a more holistic strategy
- It generally aligns one staff member to one entry point (linear cost scale)
And most of all:
Manual temperature screening puts one of your team members very close to persons of unknown state and therefore, at a greater risk.
For more information or to order DeCurtis Shield™ Kiosks, simply enter your information above and click Submit. A member of our team will reach out and work with you to make sure you get the right solution in place to serve as a foundation for a safer, healthier environment for both your employees and customers.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can we help?
We are committed to our foundational pillars of safety and security, operational efficiencies and experience enhancement. We look forward to discussing how our solutions can benefit you.